Saturday, August 28, 2010

nipping at my feet

Autumn, that is.  Even though our temps have been fairly warm, there is change in the air.  A slight crispness.  I've found myself starting to put some of our summer clothes away and bringing out the warmer pj's etc.  The nights are definitely cooler and my little birdies complain about being cold in the mornings.  I'm sad to see this summer leave.  It just may have been my best ever.  It was everything I wanted it to be.  We seized each sunny day and played hard in the yard, tending our garden, going on vacations, blowing bubbles, running through the sprinklers, watching sunsets, eating loads of berries, watching fireworks, making popsicles, swimming, and generally having the time of our lives.  We embraced 'Carpe Diem' this summer.

Fall used to be my favourite season, but after a summer like this one, it's so hard to say good-bye.  There are lots of fun things to look forward to this season.  Pumpkins, learning to knit, making soup, sweaters, leaves, and the sense of a new beginning.  A starts a new school in a few weeks, we are heading back to Saskie for a visit and then I'm off to Copenhagen for some girl time and solo traveling.  It ain't so bad, I reckon.

My delicious littles are full of life and oh so loud these days.  Since the windows are open at our house most days, you can hear us down the block.  We are one loud family!  I know I actively contribute to that.  I love throwing on some tunes and having an impromtu dance party.  The girls are always up for it.

Oh summer how I will miss...
laying in your cool wet grass
watching you paint the sky before dark
feeling your warm rays on my back
waking to your beautiful morning light
making our days long and full
warming our nights
giving us an excuse to eat ice cream every day
letting me play with my girls in a carefree summery way each and every day

Gold Ears National Park
 
Golden Ears Park





Lake Mesachie


Lake Mesachie

No comments: