Monday, July 5, 2010

my shadows

I escaped to the coffee shop.  It's been a looooooooooooong weekend and I haven't had a moment to myself.  Ok, that's not entirely true.  Friday was 'date day' and the hub and I had one fab date.  The weather was begging for us to frolic in the sun, sip on a patio and rest by the ocean.  Not bad at all.  I feel so lucky and fortunate to be able to take the time to spend with each other.  We always return a little more balanced and happy.







Back to my (cute) shadows.  The girls are both at a particularly needy phase and all they want is "mommmmma, mommy, maaaaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaa, MOM..." This morning I went to drop off Annie at my in-laws for the day.  She was jazzed the night before, the morning of, and when we got there and I was ready to leave, she had a major mommy moment.  We tried everything; McDonald's, the playground, a movie, the berry farm etc. and nothing would trump mommy. So, we got back in the car and drove back to Kits.  Despite the fact that we will be spending all day together and we spent all day yesterday together, we were reunited once again.  Ania reminded me that I won't always be the center of their universe, so enjoy it while it lasts.  She's so right, but damn, sometimes I just want to go to the bathroom by myself!!! Poor Drew has been completely shut out as they each cling to my legs and howl for "maaammaaaa."  This too will pass...right?

No comments: