Sunday, October 24, 2010

reunited and it feels so good

The moment I walked into the hotel where I was to meet Jenna, there she was at the front desk.  We didn't know what time her flight would get in etc., so this was what they call kismet.  It was the last night of the amusement park Tivoli to be open for Halloween (apparently they close for the week leading up to Halloween - something about school holidays this week.)  Anyway, we hopped over to the park to grab some dinner.  I had already been there for a couple of hours wandering the amazing grounds.  It was such a beautiful and magical place.  There were twinkling lights, pumpkins, candy apples, rides, costumes, lanterns and a glowy, fuzzy light permeated the whole park at dusk.  So magical!  I missed my girls even more watching all the children on the carousels and rides.  I even went on the circle swing.  Why not?!?  I did feel quite silly trying to take a photo of myself while flying through the air.

my goofy face as I ride the big swing

the big swing!

Jenn and I found a restaurant located in this building:



We had an odd, typically Danish meal, that was very yummy.  After our fine dining we followed up with some deep fried waffles and chocolate sauce.  

Stores were closed today so I spent the morning wandering around town and did a canal cruise in the afternoon, followed by my trip to Tivoli.

It was another dreamy day.  Jenna is fast asleep and I hope to join her soon.  I hardly slept at all last night.  Grrrr.  I'm hoping for better success tonight.

Sweet dreams.

xo

No comments: