Sunday, May 1, 2011

flurry and a wee bit of worry

Well, amidst the busy daily goings-on, there seem to be a high level of "other" activity in our lives.  Lots of uncertainties regarding our home, my parents just bought a home in Vancouver and are planning a move across two provinces.  There are realtors calling us everyday and people to talk to, things to see, decisions to make and life to live.  However, despite the high intensity of activity, there is always time to stop, have a cuppa (or 4), get dirt under my finger nails, jump for joy, grab breakfast with my momma and relish in wearing sandals! 










The hub and I even managed to get away for a roll up to the local pub for a beer to watch the playoff game.  We left before it was over (and went into double OT!) and wandered down to the foreshore to watch the skyline light up in front of the mountains and sea.  I couldn't help but be in awe of the juxtaposition of nature versus urban that was laid out in front of us.  There were waves lapping up against the shore, ducks mating (right beside us!) a darkening sky full of snow covered mountains and the twinkling lights of the city skyline.  As I watched the city become aglow I realized I've been here for 16 years.  The city sure has changed, just as I have in a decade and a half.  I'm so lucky to call this beautiful place home.

This evening an impromptu dinner party happened at our place.  Laughing, squeals, food and drink were all a part of the night. I even managed to get a few pix this sweet little girl...


We finished up the festivities with wine, and some yummy goodness.


Tomorrow is D-Day on the house.  More to report when it's all said and done. 

Good Night.


No comments: