Friday, April 29, 2011

finding light

I've been enjoying my new lens' and getting to know them a little bit better.  I'm set to put them to work tomorrow on a new shoot for Grooster.  I have to admit that it's taking some time to adjust to new ways of shooting and managing the various depths of fields now available with my new tools.  There is so much opportunity and I am eagerly trying to take it all in. 

I finished the book Understanding Exposure and have been practicing some of his tips.  My next photo class is all about light.  Something so simple is yet so elusive and complex for a photographer.  Here are some lovely morning light shots of the girls in their jammies.



After a slow morning we all headed out and walked up to Broadway to visit our usual haunts; the toy store, book store and then grabbed a quick lunch at Calhouns before pre-school drop off.  The sun came out in the afternoon and we did some biking riding in the alley.  The girls have loved having their Nana and Papa around and Lila managed to grab a quick bedtime story with Nana before they went off to bed and the house became quiet.  Ahhh.  The sweet sound of silence.  CBC radio 2 is our backdrop tonight.  Just the way I like it. 


When did this little girl grow up??


She is out of control cute lately.  Talking up a storm and SO in love with life.   It's such a beautiful reminder of what it's like to see the world anew.  She teaches me so much every single day and I just burst with love for this little lady.

No comments: