Sunday, January 16, 2011

consternation

Ok - I'll start with the good stuff.

- a wonderful date night hubby on Saturday eve.  We wandered down the hill to grab some delisious Tuscan eats.  My oh my do we eve enjoy this restaurant.  We orderd a bottle of Chianti in honour of the many we drank on our honeymoon in Tuscany.  The wine wasn't so hot, but reminising about times gone by were.  We congratulated ourselves on "picking well" in our mate selections and toated to happiness.  Damn, I do love my hub and so enjoy his company.  We fit.

- beautiful walks in the woods with my loved ones




- friends visiting us on the island!
- jumping in puddles
- these sweet cheeks



The consternation bit comes in because all this good stuff was sprinkled with big talks, big decisions, big thoughts, big realizations and yet - no conclusions.  Just more stress in terms of where we want to live, how much we want to pay, and more who, what, when, where and why's.  Grrr - it made me a frustrated girl. I feel like we are just moving in circles and time is ticking.  Our big girl starts school in 8 months and we don't have a clue where we will be living, let alone where she will go to school.  This provides uncertainty and well, stress.  We are talking about a permanent, long-term move.  In the past, we've bought 3 places and the longest we stayed in one was 4 years.  Times have changed and we need to think 'big picture'.  We can't just fly by the seat of our pants.  We have two precious lovies to think of and plan a life for ourselves. 

Ok - I'm tired and cranky.  Time to hit the hay.

No comments: