Wednesday, March 9, 2011

creative buzz (kill?)

organic symmetry
so long, farewell Kitsilano

I started my new photography class here.  It's a 10 week class and the first class was great.  I really like the instructor.  Her style of teaching is right up my alley.  She's off the cuff, not 'by the book' and tends to digress with good stories.  I think we'll get along.  I also appreciate the fact that she comes with a steep background in portrait photography.  I have a lot to learn and I'm hopeful this class will be a good foundation.  Despite the fact that I tote my camera around pretty much everywhere these days, my subject always tends to include my two little appendages.  I do love to photograph my girls, however, I would love some child-free time to explore other subjects.

Speaking of child-free time, I feel very overdue.  It's been a month since I've had a stretch of child-free time.  I'm feeling stretched and need some time away.  I'm always a better mom and wife when I've had some 'time out'.  I'm working on getting our old nanny to come once a week for a few hours.  She was supposed to start this week and had to cancel.  So close and yet another miss. The hub has been way to busy lately (even on weekends) to provide much help in this department.  Sigh.

We're struck in a big dark rain cloud for the next week.  No forecast of sun.  This isn't great for our collective moods in this house, especially since we've been trapped in cycle of sickness for the past 2 weeks.  Ugh.  I'm SO ready for Spring.  Bring on the cherry blossoms and the end of cold and flu season!

I'm saving my pennies for this!

No comments: