Tuesday, March 15, 2011

cinderella in the woods


I just finished reading this book and thought it was very provoking.  CBC did a series on children and nature and interviewed the author.  I wonder who is going to initiative to save our planet if kids are too busy texting and playing computer games?  I always encourage my girls to get outside and get dirty.  In fact, I'm intrigued with the idea of outdoor pre-school.  Wasn't that what it used to be when we were growing up?  Preschool was just being introduced when I was a kid.  Before that all children did was play outdoors.  Even in the cold prairie winters, I would bundle up and head out.  Weather never really stops kids from having fun outdoors.  As long as they are dressed for it, more rain means more puddles and more snow means loads of FUN!

Next on my reading list is:

No comments: